by Justin B. on May 16, 2011 @ 1:54 pm
Update: Sony has re-posted the post on their blog and have done the same for US users as well. Those in the US will receive the same offers as SCEE users with the addition of a selection of “On Us” rental movie titles. The PlayStation Home gifts have also been announced and include 100 free virtual items.
Just a short while ago Sony released details for their “Welcome Back” program for Sony Computer Entertainment of Europe users on their official blog. However, the said blog post was shortly removed after being published. We’re resourceful though and copied the content prior to it being removed.
Users will receive a free month (30 days) of PlayStation Plus with existing PS+ subscribers getting two months (60 days). They will also be offering some sort of package within PlayStation Home as well, although details regarding that have not been revealed yet.
The most intriguing gift is your choice of two free games from a list as well as two PSP games from a list. The list includes big names such as LittleBigPlanet, Infamous, and Wipeout HD. Check out the full details after the break.
SCEE Welcome Back Details Leaked
Posted on May 16, 2011 by Shak
What follows is the entirety of the leaked Welcome Back details, which are probably meant to go live later. What the asterisk is for, I have no clue.
Now that certain PSN services have been restored and you’re once again enjoying online gaming, it seems a good time to confirm what is being offered as part of the Welcome Back programme.
Once we restore PlayStation Store, which will be just a little while longer, you will have the opportunity to claim your Welcome Back gifts. Please note that the Welcome Back programme is only available for those countries with access to PlayStation Store*.
All existing PlayStation Network members will be able to access the following from PlayStation Store*:
Two PS3 games from the following list:
Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty
For those with PSP accounts, you will also be eligible to download two PSP games from the following list:
- 30 days free PlayStation Plus membership for non PS Plus subscribers*
- Existing PlayStation Plus subscribers will be given 60 days free subscription.
- For existing Music Unlimited subscribers, you will be given 30 days free subscription.
- We are working on a Welcome Back offer in PlayStation Home and will share that when it is confirmed.
I would like to thank all of the developers and publishers involved in this programme for their support in making this happen. We certainly couldn’t have done it without you.
You will be able to access this content once PlayStation Store comes back online and we are doing everything we can to make that happen as soon as possible.
Thank you for your support and keep checking back on the blog for more information.
1. For eligibility for the welcome back programme consumers must be an account holder on 20 April 2011. Specific details about these offers and eligibility requirements will be posted as the services go live. All existing PSN registrants have 30 days from when the welcome back programme goes live to redeem their content.
2. For the German market, InFamous and Dead Nation will be replace with Super Stardust HD and Hustle Kings in the selection of PS3 games.
3. For the German market, Pursuit Force and Killzone Liberation will be replaced with Everybody’s Golf 2 and Buzz Junior Jungle Party in the selection of PSP games. Killzone Liberation will not offer online gameplay functionality.
4. Access to the 30 days free PS Plus subscription is only available for those countries where PS Plus is offered. You will have access to the PS Plus content planned for May for 30 days. Access to the free games and exclusive features finishes at the end of the 30-day subscription period. Anything you buy with exclusive discounts, dynamic themes and premium avatars are yours to keep forever.
Follow this author on Twitter.
Read more: “Panopticon” Revealed as Freedom Wars for Vita, Gran Turismo 6 Announced, God of War: Ascension Out Now on PS3, Review in Progress, PS Vita Firmware 2.06 Out for Download Soon, Improves System Stability, Metro: Last Light Dated May 14th