by Mike Bendel on August 23, 2008 @ 1:18 am
Homebrew developer MDave has issued a hefty update to his Turok-inspired first-person shooter known as Kurok. Not one to skimp on details, the author himself has provided a extensive changelog outlining the full list of additions and gameplay tweaks made in this release. Numerous bugs have been addressed, along with the addition of an all-new single player map dubbed Escape and online-supported multiplayer maps Lobby, Crossfire and Area 52.
* Colored lighting support for maps, using .lit files.
* Skyboxes, using .lmp’s for the skybox images. Higher resolution images are supported for the slim psp.
* Precise aim support.
* Music and Kurok Talk!
* New single player map, Escape.
* New multiplayer maps Lobby, Crossfire and Area 52.
* New Boss enemies.
* New sniper rifle weapon.
* Extra deathmatch options in the multiplayer “creating a game” menu.
* Ladder support in maps.
* Rotating doors support in maps.
* Pushable objects support in maps.
* Weapon balanced tweaked.
* Way too many to list! About 3 times more changes then v0.3.
* Infrastructure mode for phat psp’s works now, can’t remember if it was fixed in v0.3 too.
* Zooming behaves properly now.
* Soldier and Raptor health now change properly according to the difficulty (skill) setting. Soldier skin changes too.
* Forgot what else I fixed! I know I fixed a whole bunch of things though, but probably introduced new bugs.
Kurok PSP Demo v0.4 Released! [MDave]
Follow this author on Twitter.
Read more: Wii Homebrew Channel Now Available for All Your Bootlegging Needs on Wii U, Wii U Homebrew Channel Teased, CPU Details Outed, Jetpack Joyride Rockets to PS3, PS Vita, It’s Official: PlayStation: The Official Magazine Officially Closing Down (Officially), PS Vita Firmware 1.80 Allows for Optional PSP Touch Controls