by December 23, 2010 @ 11:29 pm
Update: Forum member flofrucht has written up a step-by-step install guide for 6.20 TN-A!
Making due on his promise, developer Total_Noob comes through for the homebrew crowd this holiday season, releasing the long-awaited 6.20 TN-A. It opens the gateway to homebrew on 6.20 units through a savedata exploit in the Patapon 2 demo.
Much like ChickHEN before it, once the exploit is activated, 6.20 TN-A remains in resident memory as long as your PSP is turned on. Rebooting or shutting down will return your PSP to its unmodified state.
Hit the break for downloads, along with more deets and a primer on the installation process.
* A PSP with firmware 6.20 installed. Any model will do.
6.20 TN-A Installation Instructions
* Install Patapon Demo & HBL on your PSP.
* Extract EBOOT.PBP to /PSP/GAME/HEN/EBOOT.PBP, or to /HBL/GAME/EBOOT.PBP if you want to launch it directly.
* Launch Patapon Demo and load exploited savedata (Continue).
* Now, it jumps into HEN mode.
* Enjoy homebrews and plugins (you’ll lose HEN mode, if you reset/shutdown the device or if your PSP crashes).
Follow this author on Twitter.