by November 16, 2007 @ 5:00 pm
Homebrew developer TTYMan has updated his port of MAME the Multi Arcade Machine Emulator to version 4.9 r2 hires edition. Changes of note include additional dipswitch settings, Z80 core speedups, as well as improved sound support and memory management. Additionally, the PSP Slim is now fully supported in this release.
Fixed from 4.9r1
– Usermode builds now works.
– Dipswitches settings added.
– Some Z80 core speedups.
– Vector based games like Asteroids now run at native resolution of 480Ãƒâ€”272 pixels.
– Preliminary memory management to clean-up things in certain romset (due to original MAME bugs) before starting a new emulation.
– In case of memory fragmentation errors emulator now quits without lockups.
– Better sound support in certain games, like Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles etc.
– Graphics themes disabled in 1.50 kernel mode to gain more memory available, used a simple blue gradient instead.
– Graphics mode saved with settings.
PSP MAME4ALL v4.9r2 Hires [TTYMan]
Follow this author on Twitter.