by October 27, 2010 @ 2:41 pm
Gearbox Software has sent along details on an upcoming free title update for its open-world loot shooter Borderlands. Among the highlights is a level cap bump, as well as various fixes that will properly reward achievements and trophies to those affected by a bug in Claptrap’s New Robot Revolution. Here’s the full scoop:
Level cap increase of 8 levels
* That means that all Borderlands players will now be able to achieve a new maximum level of 58.
* Owners of The Secret Armory of General Knoxx can achieve an increase to a maximum level of 69.
* End game players that have completed play-through #2 will see enemies scale to the new levels up to the new level cap.
* That means that if you’ve completed everything, you can play through the game again and again at a challenging level in order to find better and better loot.
* Item drops (with the exception of COM Decks) will also scale with higher level enemies to the new level cap.
That means that this Title Update features the highest level weapons to date.
Other fixes, including DLC4 Achievement/Trophy glitches that have affected some users will be corrected to properly award players for obtaining these achievements no matter which order they were completed in.
Gearbox says the update is currently undergoing approval and “should be ready” by November.
Follow this author on Twitter.