Now includes Steam Workshop integration! Download mods made by the Darkest Dungeon community or create your own and tweak the game to your liking. You can find new hero classes, monsters, treasures, UI improvements, and more in the Workshop!
Recently updated with all new RADIANT MODE. Radiant Mode reduces the time to complete the game by almost 50%. Now there are three full game modes to choose from, depending on your own personal experience level!
Please note that the game currently supports the following languages only in-game: English, German, French, Russian, Polish, Czech, Spanish, Italian, and Brazilian Portuguese.
About the Game
Darkest Dungeon is a challenging gothic roguelike turn-based RPG about the psychological stresses of adventuring.
Reclaim Your Ancestor's Estate
Recruit, train, and lead a team of flawed heroes through twisted forests, forgotten warrens, ruined crypts, and beyond. You'll battle not only unimaginable foes, but stress, famine, disease, and the ever-encroaching dark. Uncover strange mysteries, and pit the heroes against an array of fearsome monsters with an innovative strategic turn-based combat system.
- The Affliction System – battle not only monsters, but stress! Contend with paranoia, masochism, fear, irrationality, and a host of gameplay-meaningful quirks!
- Striking hand-drawn gothic crowquill art style
- Innovative turn-based combat pits you against a host of diabolical monsters
- Narration system to celebrate your successes...and failures
- 16 (and counting!) playable hero classes, including Plague Doctor, Hellion, and even the Leper!
- Camp to heal wounds or deliver inspiring speeches.
- Rest your weary, shell-shocked characters in town at the Tavern or the Abbey to keep their stress in check.
- Classic CRPG and roguelike features, including character permadeath, procedural dungeons, and incredible replay
Can you stem the tide of eldritch horrors erupting across your family’s ancestral estate?
Descend at your peril!
Awards and Honors
- SXSW Gamer's Choice Nominee 2015
- MMORPG - Best Indie RPG (Pax East 2014), Best RPG Nomination PAX Prime 2014
- Indie Megabooth Selection - PAX East 2014, PAX Prime 2015